Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tagging it


I seem to be doing Week 7 in bits and pieces!

As the Discover exercise stated I was checking out the Sutherlandshire Library's tag cloud and Cleveland Public library's del.icio.us tags. In Sutherlandshire I noticed the tagging in list order and tag clouds. The bold and larger headings meant those tags were used a many number of times than the more lighter shaded and smaller ones, thus allowing its users to bookmark and organise on-line sites. Cleveland Library had a slightly different approach in their link to del.icio.us account. I liked the link of bookmarks from their library website that takes you to their del.icio.us tags. My library too has bookmarked sites on our website and it would be good to go a step further and link onto del.icoi.us.

I came across this interesting article on Library Journal why tags help make libraries del.icio.us


http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6476403.html

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thank you for this article link - it is an interesting perspective.

Ellen